Jewelers’ Security Alliance 39th Annual Security Seminar & Expo
Releases 2016 Crime Report
Annual Crime Report Here are a few key findings from the report:
- The total number of crimes* committed against U.S. jewelry firms reported to JSA increased from 1,177 in 2015 to 1,245 in 2016, an increase of 5.8%.
- The total dollar losses from crimes committed against U.S. jewelry firms increased from $69.3 million in 2015 to $72.4 million in 2016, an increase of 4.5%.
- Reports of grab and run thefts increased from 301 in 2015 to 420 in 2016, a 40% increase. The average grab and run loss in 2016 was $7,664.
- Off-premises crimes, including traveling salesperson losses, fell to a total of 48 in 2016, the second lowest total since the 1980s.
- There were six homicides of jewelers in 2016, including a rare triple homicide in Jackson, Mississippi.
PRIVATE OFFICER INTERNATIONAL
A Security and Law Enforcement Association
Public Safety Schools
On-Line On-Campus On-Site